Meet the 2021 Young SIOP awardees - Abdul Moothedath

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Abdul Moothedath, YI from India, in his own words.



I am Dr. Abdul Wajid Moothedath, from India. I have completed my Post graduation in Paediatrics and my speciality training in Paediatric Oncology from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. I was lucky to have done my higher studies in the most prestigious institute of the country under the guidance of some of the pioneers in the  subject.

During my Post-graduation, I developed a special interest in the field of Oncology. I also realized the immense scope of research in this field and the potential for further improvement in the outcome of cancer patients. I believe the outcome of patients in developing countries like India can be improved by providing better supportive care and more access to modalities like bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy.

I hope to pursue fellowship in the field of Haematology and bone marrow transplantation and would aim to work for newer innovations in the field of Oncology. After mastering the subject, I wish to give care and support to the cancer affected people back in my hometown and hence do my part to the society. I think that more outreach programmes and camps must be held in remote areas of the country to create awareness among people. Moreover, more research work must be promoted and funded for building better quality health care in the future.


Comments