Meet the 2021 Young SIOP awardees - Aekta Gupta

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Aekta Gupta, YI from India, in her own words.



Hello everyone!! Greetings from India
I am Dr Aekta Gupta and am currently working as a fellow in Pediatric Hemato-oncology department of B.J.Wadia Hospital for children, Mumbai under Dr Sangeeta Mudaliar.

I have done my medical training and post-graduation in pediatrics from the beautiful city of lakes - Bhopal. It was during these years as a pediatric resident that I found my calling in pediatric oncology. My love for the subject stems not only from the science and challenges it poses but also from the gratifying experiences and life-time relations which one builds with the patients. Each time I see a childhood cancer survivor’s face I see hope, optimism and a promise for tomorrow. I hope to see and be part of the newer realms of future to be seen by pediatric oncology. 

Looking forward to connect with you all in the virtual SIOP congress, 2021.Till then stay safe everyone...!!   


Comments