Meet the 2021 Young SIOP awardees - Irene Jimenez

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Irene Jimenez, YI from France, in her own words.


I am a 39-year old Spanish pediatric oncologist. I studied in the Universidad de Murcia (Spain) for medical school and pediatric residency. I then moved to Paris and was trained for 10 years in the Institut Curie in Paris, in both clinical and research activities. 

In Curie, I’ve been involved in the management of early clinical trials in pediatric oncology, precision medicine programs, molecular biology and liquid biopsies. During my PhD in cancerology in Université Paris-Saclay, I was interested in the study of drug sensitivity and clonal evolution under targeted therapies of high-risk neuroblastoma. 

I’m now back to Spain in the Department of Pediatric Oncology of the Hospital Virgen de la Arrixaca in my home city of Murcia since September 2021. I hope I can contribute as much as possible here, and keep in touch with many of the people I have met during the last 10 years!  

Comments