Meet the 2021 Young SIOP awardees - Kimberly Stevenson

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Kimberly Stevenson, YI from the United States, in her own words.



My name is Kimi and I am a registered nurse on the Cancer/Transplant Unit at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT, USA. I am from Los Angeles, California and I received my BSN from Brigham Young University. I absolutely love my job and consider it an honor and privilege to care for such a special and resilient population. I am passionate about advocating for my patients and their families as they navigate this uniquely difficult journey and feel strongly that we can help families feel empowered through education. 

I am currently investigating ways to incoorporate opportunities for best practice integrative medicine into our inpatient pediatric oncology unit. Previous research has focused on combating vaccine hesitancy among college students. In addition, I work as an infusion nurse at a specialty outpatient clinic, where I prepare and administer biologic medications to adults with various chronic illnesses. I am currently receiving a family nurse practitioner degree at Westminster College in Salt Lake City.  

In my (limited) freetime, I enjoy reaping the benefits of living next to some of the world's best mountains! I love to ski, hike and rockclimb. I am excited to participate in the 2021 SIOP conference and learn from so many experts of the pediatric oncology field. 


Comments