Meet the 2022 Young SIOP awardees - Hanna Mogensen

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Hanna Mogensen, YI from Sweden, in her own words.


My name is Hanna Mogensen, I am an epidemiologist and a registered nurse, and I recently finished my PhD at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. I am interested in the role of social circumstances and childhood cancer — my research aims to increase the understanding of how socioeconomic factors affect survival in childhood cancer, and how the survivors themselves cope in their adult life with regard to social outcomes. 

I have worked as a nurse within oncology, and I am also holding a Master of Science degree in Public Health. I am currently working in a research group with focus and competence in epidemiological methods, primarily using population- and register-based data. The Nordic countries have a long tradition of nationwide registers that can be linked together through a unique personal identifier, and this infrastructure makes large-scale epidemiological studies, with high validity, possible. I am interested in using these sources to answer research questions of clinical relevance in paediatric oncology, with the aim to improve survival and the life of childhood cancer survivors. I am engaged in Nordic collaborations, and I work together with colleagues in Denmark and Finland. For example, I am part of the steering group of the Nordic collaborative research project SALiCCS (Socioeconomic Consequences in Adult Life after Childhood Cancer in Scandinavia). Besides my research, I am also involved in teaching of epidemiological methods on both master and PhD-level. 

I am very grateful for the Young Investigator Award, and I am excited to take part of the SIOP 2022 Congress and look forward to meet all knowledgeable participants!


Comments