Meet the 2023 Young SIOP awardees - Yuehan Wang

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Yuehan Wang, YI from The Netherlands, in their own words.


My name is Yuehan Wang. I am a trained epidemiologist and recently completed my Ph.D. research at the Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology in the Netherlands. My doctoral research focused on determining and quantifying the risks and risk factors associated with subsequent breast cancer in female and male childhood cancer survivors using internationally pooled data. 

For female breast cancer, we set up an international consortium and pooled data from seven well-established childhood cancer survivors cohort in Europe and North America at the Princess Máxima Center. With the data of this large international cohort, we are studying the risks of female breast cancer associated with chest radiotherapy and anthracycline exposure for childhood cancer. 

I hope that my research will contribute to improving the quality of life of childhood cancer survivors. I am honored that my work on subsequent breast cancer risk has received the Young Investigator Award. 

I will soon move to the U.S. for post-doc training at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and to continue second cancer late effects research. I am looking forward to the SIOP 2023 congress and I am excited to meet researchers in pediatric oncology around the world!

Comments