Meet the SIOP YI Awardees 2018 - Brittany B. Campbell, PhD

Hi there! My name is Liliana and during the following weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our SIOP Young Investigator & Young Talent Award winners!
Please meet Dr. Brittany B. Campbell, PhD, from the University of Toronto, Canada in her own words:
Advancing scientific knowledge to promote others’ well-being has been a priority of mine since high school. An affinity for biology led me through various summer research programs and internships before enrolling into graduate studies. Now as a post-doctoral fellow, I engage with nearly all aspects of the healthcare system simultaneously. I play a leading role as part of an international consortium that helps children with a very specific and rare cancer predisposition syndrome, I have contributed to the research behind new treatment decisions for these patients.
Equally, I have expanded the body of knowledge regarding cancer mechanisms by reporting unique molecular processes observed in this cohort. This work has led to my publications in Cell, Nature Genetics, the Journal of Clinical Oncology, Genome Medicine, European Journal of Cancer, International Journal of Cancer, Oncotarget, and the American Journal of Gastroenterology.
Looking forward to meeting you in #SIOP2018 Kyoto!

Comments