Meet the SIOP YI Awardees 2019 – Anthony Liu


Hi there! My name is Sarah and this week, our blog is still dedicated to our SIOP Young Investigator Award winners!

Please meet Anthony Liu, YI from Hong Kong (and Tennessee!), in his own words.


Hi Y’all! I am Anthony Liu from Hong Kong. I received my medical degree from the University of Hong Kong in 2009 and went on to complete my pediatric residency with focus on pediatric hematology/oncology at Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong. I also received a Master in Medical Sciences on genetic counseling from my alma mater.

With great interest in pediatric central nervous system tumors, I am honored to have joined St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as a Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Fellow in Summer 2017 under the supervision of Dr Amar Gajjar. After one year of clinical training, I dedicated my time to translational research in the amazing laboratory of Dr Paul Northcott. Themes of my ongoing work include multi-omic characterization of pediatric brain tumors, in particular pineoblastomas and rare CNS embryonal tumors, as well as evaluating the utility of liquid biopsies in children with medulloblastoma. My aspiration is to develop a career as clinician-scientist in pediatric neuro-oncology. I look forward to meeting everyone in Lyon!

Comments