Meet the SIOP YI Awardees 2019 – Katharina Roser

Hi there! My name is Sarah and this week, our blog is one more time dedicated to our SIOP Young Investigator Award winners!

Please meet Katharina Roser, YI from Switzerland, in her own words.


I am a Mathematician by training and completed my PhD in Epidemiology in December 2015. Since January 2016, I am working in the field of childhood, adolescent and young adult cancer.

I am a post-doctoral research fellow at the Department of Health Sciences and Medicine at the University of Lucerne in Switzerland. The projects I am involved in include studies on parents of childhood cancer survivors, screening of psychological distress during follow-up care, the development of harmonized guidelines on mental health for follow-up care, the epidemiology of adolescent and young adult cancer in Switzerland, and on the implementation of survivorship care across Europe. Just recently, we started a new project on grandparents of childhood cancer survivors.

Besides conducting research, I am teaching in the Master of Health Sciences at the University of Lucerne.

Comments