Meet the SIOP YI Awardees 2019 – Jonas Adolph

Hi there! We are almost counting the days to the congress and have one more YI awardee to introduce.

Please meet Jonas Adolph, YI from Germany in his own words.


My name is Jonas Adolph, I’m 24 years old and a medical student at the university hospital of Essen, Germany since 2014. I started my research about recurrent brain tumours in children as part of my doctoral thesis in 2018 under the guidance of Prof. Gudrun Fleischhack.

Since then my work mostly concerned relapsed ependymomas, in which I try to further evaluate the role of radiation therapy and subsequent re-irradiations at local and distant sites of relapse, as well as the feasibility of different regimes of chemotherapy. In cooperation with colleagues in Germany who have worked to uncover new ways to classify different groups of ependymomas by molecular examination, I am trying to put these new discoveries into the context of clinical data to find ways of using these new tools to further individualise the treatment of recurrent ependymomas.

I hope to continue my research in the area of paediatric neuro-oncology when starting my work as a physician in the upcoming years.

Comments