Attending SIOP 2019 meeting as a Young Investigator committee member

Hello everyone my name is Shenila Anwarali and I am from Pakistan.



I am currently working as the Assistant Manager Clinical Nursing Instructor for the Pediatric Nursing Education Department at The Indus Hospital Karachi Pakistan.

I joined the Young Investigators group back in 2018 during the 50th SIOP conference in Kyoto Japan. Everyone there was really talking about what enthusiastic group of young people they are and how energetic this group really is. So through some networking I came into contact with Liliana who was a member of the board of YI and chair of social media and blogging group. She was so welcoming and supportive. I also got a change to attend the dinner with them where I meet many other likeminded future change bringers.

I also got a chance to attend the 51st SIOP conference in Lyon France. It was an informative and enlightening experience. Although I had three presentations in Pediatric Oncology in Developing countries-Nursing group, I still managed to get some time out for the YI Education Day. 



It provided me an insight of what is going on around the world in the field of Pediatric Oncology. Although many things cannot be translated immediately - the reason being belonging to a developing country and also being a nurse - there were many instances where I kept thinking that we have a lot of work to do back home.

It motivated me to bring change and innovation to help the nurses here working as in how can they enhance their knowledge and improve quality of care of the patient and their families. 

All in all it was very educative experience, as being a new YI member and also as a member of social media and blog team. I believe that experiences like these keep us rolling in our capacities. 
Thank you and looking forward for more educative experiences.

Shenila is co-chair of the SIOP YI social media & blog committee for 2019-2020.

Comments