Meet the SIOP YI Awardees 2020 - Nicole Schneider

Hi there! During the following weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our SIOP Young Investigator Award winners!

Please meet Nicole Schneider, YI from the USA, in her own words.



I am an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and a pediatric psychologist at Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, Texas. I primarily serve as a clinician, providing inpatient and outpatient psychological evaluations and interventions to children, teenagers, and young adults with cancer. In addition to clinical work, I am involved in the training of psychology pre-doctoral interns and post-doctoral fellows.

My research has involved studying interventions for improving coping with pediatric cancer and assessing the needs of medical providers who care for pediatric patients.

I first attended SIOP in Kyoto in 2018, which was a phenomenal experience. Since then, I have been grateful to serve as the co-chair of the SIOP Pediatric Oncology in Developing Counties (PODC) Psychosocial Task Force. Working with this committee has expanded my interest and understanding of global pediatric oncology and multicultural considerations for care.

I am looking forward to attending SIOP virtually this year, where I will be presenting research on pediatric oncology psychosocial care in low and middle-income settings. I am grateful for the honor of being named a 2020 Young Investigator Award!

Comments