Meet the SIOP YI Awardees 2020 - Shyam Srinivasan

Hi there! During the following weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our SIOP Young Investigator Award winners!

Please meet Shyam Srinivasan, YI from India, in his own words.



I am working as  a resident in the department of pediatric oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. I have completed 3 years of training in pediatric oncology. 

Last year (2019) was my first time at a SIOP conference. I was fortunate enough to have a award session presentation too. It was a wonderful experience for me. Other than this in the last 3 years, I have attended multiple national conferences. All these have helped me understanding oncology with clarity. 

Paediatric Oncology has a lot of unmet needs in India. According to me, the  way forward would be to deliver quality care in oncology with available resources which is uniformly accessible across India.


Comments