Meet the 2021 Young SIOP awardees - Lindsay Schwartz

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Lindsay Schwartz, YI from the USA, in her own words.



I am a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology fellow at the University of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois in the United States. I received my Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Notre Dame (2011), my MD from the University of Illinois (2015), and am currently pursuing a Master of Science in Public Health Sciences at the University of Chicago (anticipated 2022). I completed my residency in Pediatrics at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2018.

My research focuses on educational, socioeconomic, and health disparity-driven factors that adversely impact childhood and adolescent/young adult cancer survivors’ long term clinical outcomes and quality of life. I have presented my research previously at both national and international conferences dedicated to childhood cancer and medical education research, and I have published several manuscripts in these fields as a first author. I am a member of the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS) and was awarded the 2015 University of Illinois Rute Medenis Award for Excellence in Pediatrics and the 2018 UCLA Children’s Discovery Institute (CDI) Research Award.

I am a wife and a mother to two children. My hobbies include singing, dancing, and writing poetry/essays.

Comments