Meet the 2021 Young SIOP awardees - Yaqun Xu

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Yaqun Xu, YI from Hong Kong, in her own words.



My name is Yaqun Xu, a Year 3 PhD student from the Department of Paediatrics, the Chinese University of Hong Kong. 

I joined the Hematology/Oncology team and started my research about pediatric leukemia immunity in 2019 under the supervision of prof. Kam Tong Leung. My research focuses on studying the molecular mechanisms of immune evasion in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia and discovering novel immunotherapies for childhood leukemia. I am committed to improving the survival and life quality of children suffering from leukemia.

It is my first time to attend SIOP and I am looking forward to sharing my research for brainstorm and experiencing the 4 outstanding days of advanced science. I’m grateful for the honor of winning the 2021 Young Investigator Award!

Comments