Meet the 2022 Young SIOP awardees - Katelyn Purvis

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Katelyn Purvis, YI from the United States, in her own words.


I am currently a third-year pediatrics resident in Memphis, Tennessee and budding hematologist/oncologist preparing to pursue fellowship. My time in Memphis follows attending Auburn University for my undergraduate studies (War Eagle!) and the University of Alabama in Birmingham School of Medicine where I received my medical degree. I've had the absolute pleasure of spending a significant amount of time during my residency working at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital caring for children with various malignancies and hematologic disorders. 

Under the direction of Dr. Hiroto Inaba, my primary research has involved studying the outcomes of patients with ETV6-RUNX1 and hyperdiploid B-ALL treated in St. Jude’s Total XV and XVI trials.


Comments