Meet the 2022 Young SIOP awardees - Nikhil Kumar

Hi there! For the coming weeks, our blog will be dedicated to our Young SIOP Award winners!

Please meet Nikhil Kumar , YI from India, in his own words.


My name is Nikhil, a life science graduate and researcher. After my Masters of Science in Biochemistry, I worked as a Research Fellow in the Department of Ocular Pathology in All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India under Prof. Seema Kashyap. We explored the role of tumor microenvironment in Retinoblastoma, the most common pediatric tumor of the eye. This piqued my interest in ocular tumors and immunotherapies and I decided to pursue my PhD thesis on a similar topic. 

Currently, I am investigating certain potential biomarkers which may lead to development of better prognostic, diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to target metastatic uveal melanoma and provide alternative strategies for early detection of metastasis in uveal melanoma patients.

I'm looking forward to attending the conference and taking in all the knowledge from oncology experts.


Comments